We have made a large step just today and are currently available on TWITTER! Whether this massively sticks is ENTIRELY dependant on follower feedback there - do we get enough followers/response or is it a waste of time? Do people like twitter as a method of receiving updates? Are we even using it right???
It's entirely down to YOU as to how we use twitter and whether it'll become a primary way of updating you all, so come and find us and give us a follow! twitter.com/Kloofsuits
Also, we are working on a website! Finally trying to bring up an actual website that you can find all of our information on. Things such as pricing, terms and conditions and FAQ will be available in time, but you should definitely check it out while it's under construction and give us your feedback! www.kloofsuits.co.uk
I collect pokemon cards! Largely Japanese at the moment but I do also collect English, PSA graded cards and sealed items. Feel free to talk to me about trades for fursuit parts, hats, plushies, etc! I can't say I will be able to do anything definitely, it all depends on what you have, whether I want it and what you're hoping for in return! But don't be shy - give me a nudge!
As for any other updates, we have a little bit to tell you so I'll just go ahead and list it here:
- As for myself, I've been fairly unwell recently and certainly very, very busy. My second year of University resumed in September and I'm already rushed off my feet and very behind on my work there, plus I have a part time job and a family business that I help out at when I'm needed - so needless to say, keeping up has been difficult! Please bare with us as we halt all extra work with view to completely get up-to-date with work and websites before looking at re-opening commissions and resuming youtube tutorials in the new year.
- We currently have a number of commissions in, and are doing our best to keep up. As I've said, things are busy. Very busy. And this makes it difficult to get a lot of work done. We never provide or agree to deadlines, only potentially a goal we aim to reach, and this is reflected in the low prices you pay for the quality of our builds. Please expect a couple of fullsuits and heads/partials in the near future, and in accordance with what I just said, we aim to be finished with as much as possible by Christmas (again, time depending).
- Youtube videos are not forgotten! Finding time to work on suits is difficult, let alone editing and uploading footage. We have had a lot of problems with our internet as of late, and will be switching providers so something far faster and more reliable at the start of December, so hopefully this will help with getting videos uploaded even after they are made.
- I'm really hoping to start livestreaming again when I get this higher quality internet! The content might be recorded for future youtube videos.
- I'm also really liking the idea of doing a '12 hour fursuit challenge' on livestream, where I try and make a fursuit head in 12 hours in one go. Or even just the possibility of a raffle - either based of free entries by spreading word, or if it's through a small, minor purchase where you will be entered into a draw. I don't know, it's a long way off before I'm able to do either of these things!
- Please be aware, I have a lot happening. We receive a huge number of emails and comments across all of our websites on a daily basis, often asking questions that are answered in the journal or video the comment is on, or on any of our pages (like the ever popular 'where do I get...?' or 'How do I make...?' and let's not forget 'I know quotes and commissions are closed, but can you make me/tell me how much ... will cost?' ...I'm sorry but I really do not have the time to answer the same questions repeatedly, especially when the answers are posted around for you to see. I am coming to a point where I will have to ignore these messages - I have been trying my best to answer, but it's not working out.
- I'm still trying to get into resin casting! I have created a resin blank that has been successful on two heads now, but there are some things I want to change before I can offer either the head or the blank for sale/commission. This also includes parts like silicone pawpads and noses, which are currently under a trial process and are being developed. I hope to eventually offer these small parts out through a shop or commission. Having said this, hopefully you all know I am one individual that creates all of this, along with other commitments like education and a job - Fursuit building is my hobby
- We are also trying to expand into things like plushies, jewellery, art dolls etc. This is a slow process that I'm trying out slowly, and taking with me to small local conventions where I will be selling this stuff, possibly around twice a year at the moment. My first attempt was recent and worked out well, but it was a lot of work to prepare for and I'm trying to work on little bits all the time, to make the month running up to the convention a lot more stressful.
- I am attending MCM expo again now in London! Only as an attendee, but I am totally excited to be going again! Definitely would love to meet up with some people if you plan on going next year (:
I know it's a lot to read, and if you've made it this far then I'm very impressed and I thank you. It was a bit of a spam of me just thinking 'what else do I need to say?' and typing it down - I haven't even proof-read yet! But I'll be copying this across my pages.
Any of these plans that go ahead, we will keep you updated on! I certainly hope to bring Kloofsuits up into prime activity across the internet in the coming months!